Fire Services Weekly Update
The Lesser Slave River Regional Fire Service is committed to protecting life, property and the environment from fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters and other emergencies. As such, the department issues a weekly report on all investigations, fire prevention activities and other Fire Services news of importance to the residents of the Lesser Slave River region.
If you have any specific questions or concerns related to these updates, please contact Regional Chief of Lesser Slave Lake Fire Services Jamie Coutts.
- Over 2000 people have been through four fire stations or have been met in classrooms
- Open houses Hall 1 – 900 attended, Hall 2 – 65 attended, Hall 3 – 70 people attended, Flatbush – 80 attended
- Fire Prevention talks in C.J. Schurter, Koinonia, St. Mary’s and Smith Schools
- Small fire at Slave Lake Inn
- St. Francis Volleyball with RCMP
- Service medal forms filled out and sent to Office of Fire Commissioner
- 2 Visits to radio station to discuss Fie Prevention Week
- Clean up from open house
- Motor vehicle accidents – 4
- Duty officer callouts – 4
- carbon monoxide calls – 2
- Two motor vehicle accidents by main street and hwy 2 intersection – multiple vehicles