Fire Services Weekly Update
The Lesser Slave River Regional Fire Service is committed to protecting life, property and the environment from fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters and other emergencies. As such, the department issues a weekly report on all investigations, fire prevention activities and other Fire Services news of importance to the residents of the Lesser Slave River region.
If you have any specific questions or concerns related to these updates, please contact Regional Chief of Lesser Slave Lake Fire Services Jamie Coutts.
- 2016 year schedules – maintenance, Firesmart, forestry, training
- Tech rescue / water rescue Teams Layout
- Brush piles in Canyon Creek
- Mulcher in Big Fish Bay Block
- Move mulcher to Smith for Cemetery block next week
- Hall 1 – Ambulance orientation, spinal immobilization, CPR/AED/O2
- Hall 2 – Dangerous Goods Awareness
- Hall 3 – no practice
- Hall 4 – New captain – Dan Borris, New Lt. Cody Borris
- DG Awareness
- Hall 5 – no practice
- Hospital – Slave Lake
- Project between Slave Lake Firefighter Society, Slave Safety Supply and Lesser Slave Regional Fire Service to enhance training options on refurbished confined space/hazmat training prop. Work ongoing to make prop for confined space/hazmat/smoke maze/firefighter safety.
- Call for trainees on water rescue and tech rescue teams built from the regional protective services group members. Will enhance abilities of responding agencies.
- Hall Training scenarios being practiced and enhanced on new prop
- 2015 annual report and stats
- DC sent to court to testify regarding MVA
- All halls visited, cleaned. 2015 stats done
- 2016 planning for training, maintenance