Fire Services Weekly Update
The Lesser Slave River Regional Fire Service is committed to protecting life, property and the environment from fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters and other emergencies. As such, the department issues a weekly report on all investigations, fire prevention activities and other Fire Services news of importance to the residents of the Lesser Slave River region.
If you have any specific questions or concerns related to these updates, please contact Regional Chief of Lesser Slave Lake Fire Services Jamie Coutts.
- CJ Schurter – sports club
- March skills assessments lesson plans
- Prep ICS 200 course
- Forestry gear meeting
- Regional Emergency management plan review and update complete and returned all binders
- Started 2016 policy and SOG review for fire service
- Mulcher TSL drainage block – Gloryland
- Mulcher Southshore FS blocks
- Hall 1 practice – Special teams – Tech rescue (confined space), water rescue – ice rescue on river
- EMR scenario practices – medical practice
- Technical rescue prop, Dangerous Goods prop to Live fire training centre
- Regular weekly meetings with RCMP, EMS, Forestry
- FS summer interview
- Meeting regarding patient handling – EMS
- Meeting with National Fire Protection Association – Canada rep
- Consolidate all new firefighter administration at Hall 1
- ALL probationary firefighters do the following from all halls:
Personal protective gear
Fit testing for respiratory equipment
Paperwork and interview
- Family Day
- Family Day
- Practice: O2, AED, Spinal (Tuesday)
Other: Visit all rural halls, cleanup, maintenance. Assess Canutec manual needs and numbers.
2 duty officer callouts, 1 medical assist – Smith, 1 motor vehicle accident.