Fire Services Weekly Update
The Lesser Slave River Regional Fire Service is committed to protecting life, property and the environment from fire, hazardous materials, natural disasters and other emergencies. As such, the department issues a weekly report on all investigations, fire prevention activities and other Fire Services news of importance to the residents of the Lesser Slave River region.
If you have any specific questions or concerns related to these updates, please contact Regional Chief of Lesser Slave Lake Fire Services Jamie Coutts.
- 3 campuses in Slave Lake
- Highway Motor Inn – more follow up
- St Mary – false alarm pull station – follow up education
- 4 - Hall 1 tours
- C J Schurter sports club
- Parent Link – Firetruck display
- Schedule for Future Firefighters
- TAGS SE – Fireworks, apt. upstairs
- Opportunity Analysis – Training review
- Report to council – Unit 141
- Installed pump/skid units 101, 102, 104
- Spring startup – both sprinkler trailers – Engine, checklists
- 9 Nine Mile Mulching finished
- Mulching at Slave Lake Airport
- Hall 1 practice – Hazmat training (Canutec manual, spills, containment – Pumps – decon and PPE) with CN Rail – Ryan from Edmonton
- EMR complete – crew member
- SAR – First aid course
- Review and update interview package and hiring process for Volunteer firefighters
- Regular weekly meetings with RCMP, EMS, Forestry
- Forestry BBQ – Start of Season Meeting
- Sort out all equipment for unit 161 new rescue/pumper
- Changes to 102
- CN Rail training at Hall 1
- CN Rail training
- Vehicle Safety – Part 1
- CN Rail training
Visit all rural halls, cleanup, maintenance Flatbush and Smith Halls – review trucks and look at compartment storage ideas.
2 duty officer callouts, 2 structure fires, 1 medical assist, 1 motor vehicle accident, 1 Hazmat callout. Sunday had 3 calls using 2 halls and over a hundred hours of people time.