Cultivate your career with the MD.
Lesser Slave River offers a variety of employment opportunities to help you make a difference in your community and grow professionally. From permanent roles to seasonal positions, there are a number of different ways to ply your trade at the municipality while furthering your career path and working with a diverse and dedicated group of colleagues. We offer competitive wages and benefits, true work/life balance, family-friendly policies, and an environment of respect.
As a service-oriented employer, the MD seeks individuals with a solid work ethic and a genuine passion for customer service. Explore the opportunities within this section to apply for a job with the MD and take your career to the next level. Don't see a position that applies to you? Feel free to submit a confidential employment application.
Submit your Qualifications to the MD
Everyone at the MD – from front desk to the field – works beyond the boundaries of a mere job description. They contribute their collective insight and expertise to a culture of respect and empowerment, and they reap the rewards of an organization that's focused on customer service. If you can see yourself in our mission, vision and values, and if you'd like to leverage your time and talent into an amazing career, we'd love to hear from you.
Closes January 5, 2018
The Lesser Slave Lake Regional Waste Management Services Commission is currently seeking a full- time Yard/Scale Attendant for a 1-year term (with possibility for extension). The position is based out of the Regional Landfill in Wagner. This position is responsible for the scale operation and yard maintenance of the facility on a daily basis and reports to the Landfill Supervisor.
- Responsible for controlling the traffic entering or exiting the facility
- Operate the scale software and print off tickets and reports
- Ensuring the facility operates in accordance with the Approval from Alberta Environment and is in compliance with the operations plan and all applicable legislation
- Direct site users to appropriate disposal or storage locations
- Daily site inspections, monitor compaction rates, litter control methods
- Performs duties and operates all equipment used in maintenance of roads, recycle areas, landfill, class II area, or any other facility under the organization’s responsibility
- Perform manual labour as necessary
- Undertake all preventative maintenance, repairs, and operation of all equipment
- Other duties as required
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License
- Grade 12 high school diploma
- SWANA Certification required
- Physically fit
- Willingness to work in all types of weather and outdoor conditions
- Heavy equipment experience
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills with co-workers and the public
- Possess own form of transportation
Dependent on education and experience. Based on a 32-hour work week.
Municipal District f Lesser Slave River #124
Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A0
Thank you in advance for your interest; we regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview.
Closing: 4:00pm on January 5, 2018.
Life, Work and Leisure in Lesser Slave River