Competition #1705 | Closes February 24, 2017
The Municipal District of Lesser Slave River is currently seeking a Seasonal Labourer(s) (May to September) who would be responsible for the maintenance around the Municipal District.
Closing: This position has now closed.
Duties and Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Grass mowing, yard maintenance, refuse collection, brushing, clearing, patching, crack filling, carpentry work and painting, snowplowing
- Sign maintenance, installation, and washing
- Ditching and culvert installation
- Maintenance at community halls, shops, fire halls, offices, parks, boat launches
- Operate small utility tractor & 3pt hitch mower to maintain ditches and open areas
- Maintaining assigned equipment according to maintenance policy and repair as necessary
- Physical labour including outdoor and indoor facility maintenance
- Assisting with Transfer Station site maintenance if required
- Assisting other MD Departments such as Building Maintenance and Utilities when required
- The ability to work alone and follow instruction and safety procedures
- The ability to perform duties requiring mild, medium and heavy physical labour
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in operating small equipment and tractors
- Have past experience in construction and maintenance type work utilizing all types of shop and hand tools
- Be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather
The successful candidate will receive $17.00 - $23.00 per hour depending on experience.
A valid Class 5 Alberta Driver's Licence is required.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates chosen for interview.