Measured guidance for local matters.
Municipal Policies provide guidance for Lesser Slave River Council and staff during the handling of local matters and procedures. In this spirit, Lesser Slave River's policy library provides an online resource listing all policies that guide MD protocols.
The policies in this library provide a set of guidelines for employees to follow in making decisions in the best interest of Lesser Slave River and its residents. They are designed to provide a framework for the delegation of decision making; to eliminate misunderstandings; to reduce uncertainties; and to enable MD staff and management to meet its goals and objectives. Some latitude is allowed in decision making, dependent upon circumstances; otherwise, it would be considered a rule or procedure. However, in making decisions, the intent of the policy must be followed. Municipal Policies are intended to:
- Promote common understanding of Council's policy objectives
- Provide direction to allow Administration to meet council's policy objectives
- Facilitate better and more timely decisions
- Allow personnel to know what is expected of them
- Address recurring problems or situations.
Life, Work and Leisure in Lesser Slave River