Lesser Slave River`s Finance department is responsible for financial administration, safeguarding the municipality’s financial assets, and performing the fiscal planning to ensure the ongoing financial stability and viability of the municipality.
The Finance department provides financial reporting and control and is responsible for the implementation of financial management policies. In addition, this department provides corporate services including Accounts Payable & Receivable, Information Systems, Human Resources, Customer Service, and for Accounts Payable & Receivable for the Lesser Slave Regional Waste Management Services Commission.
Some of the department’s responsibilities include:
- Providing proactive financial leadership and service to support customers’ needs and preserving the corporation’s financial health
- Implementing Alberta Municipal Affairs reporting requirements and accounts for tangible capital assets and segmented reporting
- Supply chain, purchasing, and inventory management including tangible capital assets
- Financial reporting, general accounting, purchasing, inventory, and billing and collection of property taxes and utility charges
- Managing investment, cash and debt portfolios, payment processing, and banking relationships
- Implementing, maintaining, and supporting corporate information systems and technology needs
- Coordinating, preparing, managing, and reporting annual budgets and financial plans
- Providing payroll and benefit services and accounts payable services
- Overseeing the corporate Risk Management Program
Life, Work and Leisure in Lesser Slave River