Current Area Structure Plans.
Area Structure Plans (ASPs) are documents that have been approved by the MD of Lesser Slave River as bylaws. The MD's Area Structure Plans provide a framework that articulates proposed land uses; population densities; sequence of development; general location of major roadways; public utilities in the area; and any additional requirements that Council may require. An ASP is the first step in obtaining planning approval for a new community. MD staff work with stakeholders like community residents, landowners and developers to create these long-range documents
Current MD Area Structure Plans for the MD of Lesser Slave River are available for viewing and download below in PDF format. For further information and assistance with ASPs, please contact the Planning & Development department.
Area Structure Plans
- Hamlet of Smith Area Structure Plan
- Hamlet of Smith ASP Bylaw 2015-09 (Amendment 1)
- Lesser Slave River Area Structure Plan
- Marten Beach Area Structure Plan
- Marten Beach ASP Bylaw 2012-03 (Amendment 34)
- Poplar Lane Area Structure Plan
- Smith Hondo Local Plan
- Southshore Area Structure Plan (2001)
- Waterfront Area Structure Plan
Life, Work and Leisure in Lesser Slave River